Slowing down for Solstice

   Today I am so grateful for family. There is something extremely magical about this deep winter time. All the plants and lots of animals going into their hibernation, while we humans busy about like crazy in this run up to Christmas. This year I have had my fair share of crazy busy, but as the Winter Solstice approached, and the longest night and the shortest day were upon us, I found myself slowing right down.
   I am a great believer in simple living, slow living, slowing down the insane pace of modern life and bringing the really important things into brighter focus, such as family, good nutrition, nature time, crafting and nurturing. All these things in my life I am so grateful for. I love making time for lots of Christmas crafting  and baking with my kids. Their excitement brings me a lot of joy! ( Sometimes I think I may even be a little bit more excited than they are!)
   I found a beautiful book with twelve tales from around the world about the winter Solstice (The return of the light, by Carolyn McVickar Edwards) . I have been reading my family a story a day in the run up to the Solstice, sitting round our little Christmas tree, by candle light and fairy light. It is little, simple things like this that make me so happy and feel so fortunate to be alive and surrounded by dear ones.
   My thoughts and prayers go out to all those alone or suffering in this, the darkest time of year. May this new year coming bring comfort and joy to all those in need, and love permeate the darkness. Blessings.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig