My top 10 inspirational books!

All these books have been extremely instrumental in helping me on my journey, at different times in my life. I could easily have made this a much longer list, but I will save the rest for another day! Here are the first ten, in no particular order:

1) 'The Return of Merlin' by Deepak Chopra
This book has so many layers. The first time I read it, I immediately re-opened it and read it again! There is so much wisdom encoded into the story, it is one of those books that every time you read it, you notice something else potent and poignant.

2) 'The Alchemist' by Paolo Coelho
Such a classic book. It reminds me that there is a natural , universal force/ flow, and if you listen well, you can dance to the true balanced flow and tap into the perfect timings through your life.

3) 'Barefoot Doctor's Handbook for the Urban Warrior' by Barefoot Doctor
My Mum gave me a copy of this, when I was about 16 and I usually get it out at some point every year. It is full of effective meditations, visualizations and tips for your spiritual growth in this modern world. It is written in such a humorous, easy to read and visual form, that it makes the content easy to absorb and put into practice. I have almost all of Barefoot Doctor's books, but this one remains my favourite!

4) 'Moon Time' by Johanna Paungger & Thomas Poppe
This is an absolute gem of a book. Packed with ancient knowledge handed down from generation to generation about when is the best timings to do just about anything in harmony with the moon's cycles for maximum benefit. I wonderful book that I recommend everyone to add to their bookshelf.

5) 'The Hobbit' by J. R. Tolkien
This book gave me the adventure itch! I have a beautifully illustrated copy, and I found myself planning adventures to far off lands after reading it as a teenager! In my adult life I have been lucky enough to do a fair bit of travelling, to some magical places and I can trace my dreams of adventure all the way back to this book!

6) 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran
This book came into my life when I desperately needed to make changes and take a new direction. It gave me the courage to step into the unknown, and I am so glad I did! My life got extremely more magical and wonderful!

7) 'Inner Wisdom' by Louise. L. Hay
This is a book I like to pick up and choose a random page, oracle style! So many positive affirmations, and I always seem to pick one that is pertinent to what is going on in my life.

8) 'Raw Emotions' by Angela Stokes Monarch
I greatly admire Angela Stokes Monarch. This book is well written and helpful for changing patterns that no longer serve you, and choosing  life options that help you become more healthy and happy.

9) 'Primal Mothering In A Modern World' by Hygeia Halfmoon
I was given a copy of this book just before I gave birth to my first child. It always gives me courage to follow my instincts and heart, no matter what the world is telling me!

10) 'Dreaming With The Faeries' by Arisha Aahmau
I have included my own little self published book for two reasons. Firstly, it is a rhyme to inspire children and adults to dream up a better world and live their dreams, and secondly, writing and producing this book has been so instrumental in my own journey. I have learned so much from the conception of the idea of the book, all through to the first real copy arriving in my hand, and beyond to the new things it has led me to.

I hope this list may give someone some ideas for transformative reading material to discover or re-read!






 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig